Wednesday 14 July 2010

A Nearest Neighbour Index of Multiple Deprivation

I've blogged before about my attempts to add a more spatial dimension to the existing Indices of Deprivation for England. In this post, I have decided to share the data for my calculations on a Nearest Neighbour Index of Multiple Deprivation, following the method described in this paper.

The image below shows the IMD2007 (left) and NNIMD2007 (right) for Birmngham, with red most deprived and blue least deprived.

I have put together a spreadsheet containing the original IMD data plus my NNIMD data for all 32,482 LSOAs in England. If you click on the links below you can access the data - you'll need to click the 'download' link to get the data.

NNIMD dataset - Excel 2003 version (.xls)

NNIMD dataset - Excel 2007 version (.xlsx)